Thread: Error....

Sushruth Nanduri Guest

Error....

Can anyone tell me what this is?
    Attempt to fetch logical page 0 in database 'tempdb' belongs to object 'ALLOCATION', not to object '-480'

I did run checkalloc and checkdb and even showcontig commands.
    They all ran fine without reporting any error.

It is error 605 and the level is 21 and state is 1.
    Help appreciated.

Thanks

Jenny Guest

Error.... (reply)

I ran into this error 605 twice. One incident was that database was in the recovery mode and we had to force it out from the recovery mode by reset the sysbase status. I got this error 605. I had to recyle SQL server a few times. The second incident was when the database switch over to the second server during the fail over ( we are running the load balance ) , we got this error. The reboot didnot work this time. so I had to rebuild the databases. I don't know if you restarted your server already. If not you could try that first.

------------
    Sushruth Nanduri at 6/1/00 9:49:09 PM

Attempt to fetch logical page 0 in database 'tempdb' belongs to object 'ALLOCATION', not to object '-480'

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Sushruth Nanduri Guest

Error.... (reply)

Thanks Jenny !
    I have stoppped and restarted my server a number of times.
    The books online says that I have to run the DBCC commands.I ran them too including the checkalloc and checkdb and checktable.
    Everything ran well and infact I ran them in single user mode too.
    They did not report any error.But I run the query is running again and I get the same error.I am getting this as a part of data retrieval.
    Thanks Sush.

------------
    Jenny at 6/2/00 11:26:02 AM

I ran into this error 605 twice. One incident was that database was in the recovery mode and we had to force it out from the recovery mode by reset the sysbase status. I got this error 605. I had to recyle SQL server a few times. The second incident was when the database switch over to the second server during the fail over ( we are running the load balance ) , we got this error. The reboot didnot work this time. so I had to rebuild the databases. I don't know if you restarted your server already. If not you could try that first.

------------
    Sushruth Nanduri at 6/1/00 9:49:09 PM

Help appreciated.

Thanks