Thread: Load Table from backup error...

Mike Nolen Guest

Load Table from backup error...

I posted this a while back with no responses...does anyone know of another SQL Server discussion site that I can post this question to? I'm still having problems.

TIA,Mike

----8<-----original post--------------
    I&#39;m receiving the following error at one of my production sites and can&#39;t determine the problem. I&#39;m restoring one table to tempdb, but the LOAD command isn&#39;t finding the table definition/address information in SYSOBJECTS for that table. I&#39;ve ran a dbcc checktable on sysobjects and it&#39;s fine. Any other suggestions? (FYI - there are some errors when running a checkdb, but none on sysobjects - a FIX_AL is scheduled to be run soon.).

THX,
    Mike

------------------------------------------------------------------------

load table tempdb..acct_map_condition
    from disk = &#39;d:mssqlackupcarman.dump&#39;
    with source = &#39;acct_map_condition&#39;

Msg 4039, Level 10, State 1
    Warning, file <1> on device &#39;d:mssqlackupcarman.dump&#39; was dumped from database &#39;carman&#39;.
    Msg 8409, Level 16, State 1
    Invalid source table &#39;acct_map_condition&#39; specified in LOAD TABLE. Could not find table in SYSOBJECTS in dump. Table load has been aborted for table &#39;acct_map_condition&#39;.

Ray Miao Guest

Load Table from backup error... (reply)

To load table, you should create table in db first. By the way, why load it in tempdb? I&#39;ll rather create a new db for this.

------------
    Mike Nolen at 6/7/00 3:19:38 PM

I posted this a while back with no responses...does anyone know of another SQL Server discussion site that I can post this question to? I&#39;m still having problems.

TIA,Mike

I&#39;m receiving the following error at one of my production sites and can&#39;t determine the problem. I&#39;m restoring one table to tempdb, but the LOAD command isn&#39;t finding the table definition/address information in SYSOBJECTS for that table. I&#39;ve ran a dbcc checktable on sysobjects and it&#39;s fine. Any other suggestions? (FYI - there are some errors when running a checkdb, but none on sysobjects - a FIX_AL is scheduled to be run soon.).

THX,
    Mike

Warning, file <1> on device &#39;d:mssqlackupcarman.dump&#39; was dumped from database &#39;carman&#39;.
    Invalid source table &#39;acct_map_condition&#39; specified in LOAD TABLE. Could not find table in SYSOBJECTS in dump. Table load has been aborted for table &#39;acct_map_condition&#39;.

Sorry for the confusion, but i ran the following sql in tempdb first:
    select *
    into tempdb..acct_map_condition
    from carman..acct_map_condition
    where 1=2
    The reason I do this is because tempdb has select into/bulk copy turned
    on...but carman does not. You can&#39;t use LOAD TABLE into a db with
    select into/bulk copy turned off. I could do what you suggested and
    create a temporary db first, but there&#39;s no need to do that when
    tempdb can be used.

Mike

------------
    Ray Miao at 6/7/00 4:43:48 PM

To load table, you should create table in db first. By the way, why load it in tempdb? I&#39;ll rather create a new db for this.

------------

I posted this a while back with no responses...does anyone know of another SQL Server discussion site that I can post this question to? I&#39;m still having problems.

TIA,Mike

THX,
    Mike

Craig Guest

You are trying to restore a table to tempdb from a dump from the database carman.

Can&#39;t do that because the table name is not in tempdb. You could try building that table in tempdb and then do the restore, but it would probably have to have the same objid that the table does on Carman.

Good luck.

------------
    at 6/7/00 5:45:02 PM

Sorry for the confusion, but i ran the following sql in tempdb first:
    select *
    into tempdb..acct_map_condition
    from carman..acct_map_condition
    where 1=2
    The reason I do this is because tempdb has select into/bulk copy turned
    on...but carman does not. You can&#39;t use LOAD TABLE into a db with
    select into/bulk copy turned off. I could do what you suggested and
    create a temporary db first, but there&#39;s no need to do that when
    tempdb can be used.

Mike

------------
    Ray Miao at 6/7/00 4:43:48 PM

------------

TIA,Mike

THX,
    Mike