Thread: MSSQL Schedule of Tasks Problem...........Help me!!

sheenah Guest

MSSQL Schedule of Tasks Problem...........Help me!!

I am using SQL 6.5 task scheduler and all of the sudden, ANY task I schedule and/or manually run, I never see the history recorded or its status.
    They may or may not run, but as far as the Task Scheduler shows it did not.
    When I run a particular task, it gives the normal msgs, i.e. 'Do you wish to run it', and 'Task started successfully, check HISTORY upon completion' (paraphrase).
    Does anyone know why this is happening? It works on all my other SQL Servers. Please help. Thank you

Craig Guest

MSSQL Schedule of Tasks Problem...........Help me!! (reply)

Your MSDB is full. Look into the sql error log and see if you see messages indicating that updates to msdb..sysbackuphistory or similar tables failed. Check the space on MSDB. Do you prune MSDB on a schedule? This is a known problem with 6.5.....Craig

------------
    sheenah at 6/7/00 12:08:54 PM

I am using SQL 6.5 task scheduler and all of the sudden, ANY task I schedule and/or manually run, I never see the history recorded or its status.
    They may or may not run, but as far as the Task Scheduler shows it did not.
    When I run a particular task, it gives the normal msgs, i.e. 'Do you wish to run it', and 'Task started successfully, check HISTORY upon completion' (paraphrase).
    Does anyone know why this is happening? It works on all my other SQL Servers. Please help. Thank you