Thread: Scheduled SQL Server Tasks (6.5)

rsp Guest

Scheduled SQL Server Tasks (6.5)

Hello:

1) Is there a way to call a second task 'upon completion' of the first one. Or would I need to place the code of the second task in one task?
    (This is v6.5) I guess the main purpose is to avoid conflict & see if one fails, the other may succeed, etc. I generally like to keep diff tasks separate, but one is dependent upon the completion of the other.

2) I want to restore a db, upon completion of the backup of another db. They are on separate servers, but i know i can use remote sp's.

Any advice, help, code, scripts, etc, would be appreciated. Thank you.

Shai Guest

Scheduled SQL Server Tasks (6.5) (reply)

There is no stepping option available for scheduled job in SQL 6.5, so you will have to write a procedure with all the control flow you want. You may use

load database ...
    if @@error <> 0

to script all loads.

------------

rsp at 9/18/00 9:41:57 AM

Hello:

1) Is there a way to call a second task &#39;upon completion&#39; of the first one. Or would I need to place the code of the second task in one task?
    (This is v6.5) I guess the main purpose is to avoid conflict & see if one fails, the other may succeed, etc. I generally like to keep diff tasks separate, but one is dependent upon the completion of the other.

2) I want to restore a db, upon completion of the backup of another db. They are on separate servers, but i know i can use remote sp&#39;s.

Any advice, help, code, scripts, etc, would be appreciated. Thank you.