Thread: Package does not import data when run from VB

Tim Guest

Package does not import data when run from VB

I'm trying to import tables and data from an Access database to a SQL Server database. I can create and run a Package from Enterprise manager that does just that. However, if I save the package as a COM file-or even if I create a new package using the import wizard and save it as a file-and then try to run the package from VB, the table schema is imported, but not the data. Any ideas? The same thing happens if I save the package in SQL Server and then try to run it from VB.

The Access database is on the server, and I'm running my code from a client.

Some of the Access tables have no data.

Scott Guest

Package does not import data when run from VB (reply)

I am trying to just be able to run a DTS package or SQL job from VB. By chance can you share the code that you have for doing this in your VB application?

Thanks!

------------
    Tim at 12/13/00 4:34:45 PM

I'm trying to import tables and data from an Access database to a SQL Server database. I can create and run a Package from Enterprise manager that does just that. However, if I save the package as a COM file-or even if I create a new package using the import wizard and save it as a file-and then try to run the package from VB, the table schema is imported, but not the data. Any ideas? The same thing happens if I save the package in SQL Server and then try to run it from VB.

Gary Guest

Package does not import data when run from VB (reply)

I have VB code that will dynamically create and run DTS packages. let me know if you want a copy.

------------
    Tim at 12/13/00 4:34:45 PM