Thread: Replication not working

Mike Guest

Replication not working

I have eight SQL Servers 7.0 and transactional replication is working fine across these servers except one server. This one server (SERVERX) is not able to become subscriber. Tried everything even re-installed Windows 2000/SQL 7 (S.P2) but I am getting this error in msrepl_errors table "Login failed for user 'sa'". SERVERX is working fine as a publisher but not as a subscriber. The distribution agent displays an error "unable to connect to SERVERX"

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Mike

Babu Ambati Guest

Replication not working (reply)

Maybe the sa login acount you gave for the publisher to replicate to subscriber is not right.Check you login and try to create aseperate login for this subscriber.
    Best of luck!!!

------------
    Mike at 11/16/00 1:01:26 PM

I have eight SQL Servers 7.0 and transactional replication is working fine across these servers except one server. This one server (SERVERX) is not able to become subscriber. Tried everything even re-installed Windows 2000/SQL 7 (S.P2) but I am getting this error in msrepl_errors table "Login failed for user 'sa'". SERVERX is working fine as a publisher but not as a subscriber. The distribution agent displays an error "unable to connect to SERVERX"

Thanks
    Mike

Mike Guest

Babu,
    Thanks for the reply. The data is getting pushed from publisher to distributor (a different server) properly by log reader. The distribution job which pushes the data from distribution database to the subscriber is failing. Where should I check my sa login ?

Thanks

------------
    Babu Ambati at 11/16/00 1:07:47 PM

Maybe the sa login acount you gave for the publisher to replicate to subscriber is not right.Check you login and try to create aseperate login for this subscriber.
    Best of luck!!!

------------
    Mike at 11/16/00 1:01:26 PM

Thanks
    Mike

Babu Ambati Guest

Since you have a seperate server for distribution. I guess it should be for the distirbution server login,b'cos as you said log reader is posting data to distribution server. I am sorry like i can't get into details now...bit pushed around here at work. I can help you tommorow with the same.