Thread: SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager

Zolla Guest

SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager

Hi

I have been getting this message in the event viwer and my SQL server goes down. I have to go and start the service once again. Can somebody throw some light as how to solve this problem?

Please respond.

Tks.

Zolla

Jon Reade Guest

SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager (reply)

Zolla,
    Couple of things I've found might be causing this. Either someone's starting up SQL Server Service Manager, selecting your db and MSSQLServer service clicking on the 'Stop' button. Or, you may find that if your MSSqlServer account is an NT domain account, someone has changed the password, so the account can no longer login to NT as a service, although I'm not so sure you'd get the same message with this latter.

Hope this helps,
    Jon Reade
    DBA, Contract Warehouse
    http://www.ContractWarehouse.com

------------
    Zolla at 11/6/00 10:02:40 AM

Hi

I have been getting this message in the event viwer and my SQL server goes down. I have to go and start the service once again. Can somebody throw some light as how to solve this problem?

Please respond.

Tks.

Zolla

Jon Reade Guest

SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager (reply)

Zolla,
    Couple of things I've found might be causing this. Either someone's starting up SQL Server Service Manager, selecting your db and MSSQLServer service clicking on the 'Stop' button. Or, you may find that if your MSSqlServer account is an NT domain account, someone has changed the password, so the account can no longer login to NT as a service, although I'm not so sure you'd get the same message with this latter.

Hope this helps,
    Jon Reade
    DBA, Contract Warehouse

------------

Hi

Please respond.

Tks.

Zolla

Zolla Guest

Jon

It is working fine during the day but, in the evening arround 7-9pm it stops as nobody works with the database during that time. I do have any clue to this. This is happening everyday. Do I have to change some counters like increasing the time or something like that? Please help.

Tks.

Zolla

------------
    Jon Reade at 11/6/00 10:39:41 AM

Zolla,

Hope this helps,
    Jon Reade
    DBA, Contract Warehouse

------------

Hi

Please respond.

Tks.

Zolla