Try looking in these pages on this site:

I have had all the same problems and I think there are some interesting things in these pages, but I just don't have tie to go into it (I guess this is a common problem).

I recently migrated to a new server, and to get around the whole problem I just decided to give the new server the old server's name (obviously changing the old server's name to something else). I restored most databases, including MSDB, using backups from the old server.

Obviously while you are doing this, all your users are cut off (it took us a few hours, including the installation of SQL after the name changes).

The first time I had to deal with this problem, I'm afraid the onyl solution I found was to edit the packages one by one...yuk.

David Westmore