Thread: uh oh,,,both my jobs and my packages fail-any ideas?

trevorb Guest

uh oh,,,both my jobs and my packages fail-any ideas?

Today when I came into work, I noticed all of my jobs failed on a particular server. I tried to manually kick off the packages, but to no avail. Both the job history and the error message from the packages state a timeout error.
    Any idea on this? Also, I have no problem running a query from query analyzer...even on a remote machine.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Trevor

Irene Guest

uh oh,,,both my jobs and my packages fail-any ideas? (reply)

Hi Trevor,

for the timeout you may want to check your server configuration properties, and make sure that query time-out in New Connections from Query Analyzer is 0. That will prevent memory-intensive queries from terminating while they are waiting for resources. This may be a potential cause of deadlocks, though.
    You may also have a permissions problem, or possibly a Server Network Configurations problem. Your network library may not be configured correctly on your server, especially if the server has recently been rebooted. Check the ODBC data source that is accessing the packages, to make sure its network library is consistent with the type of security you're using (TCP/IP cannot be used with trusted connections, for example). In case of permissions, have both your SQL Server and SQLServerAgent Service running under a Windows NT domain account (in Services, under Settings, specify 'This Account' and provide the assigned password)that has been specified to run as a service and has sufficient permissions across the NT domain to access information necessary for SQL Server Agent job execution. Otherwise, your jobs run under a local account and it doesn't have sufficient permissions.

Hope this helped.