Thread: Enterprise Manager 7 & Stored Procedure Issue

Kelly Guest

Enterprise Manager 7 & Stored Procedure Issue

This is a very strange problem. A user can register the server in enterprise mananger and can access all objects but stored procedures. When he tries to access stored procedures, a "invalid cursor state" error is displayed. This is not user specific as I registered the server as sa from his machine and experienced the same symptoms.

Additionally, the query analyzer only displays one field per screen in the results section. His is the only machine on which I have seen this happen.

I have uninstalled SQL 6.5 EM, uninstalled 7.0 EM, reinstalled SP5 for NT 4.0, reinstalled MDAC ver 2.1, and reinstalled 7.0 EM. All to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea where I should go from here? Thanks for any help.

Ray Miao Guest

Enterprise Manager 7 & Stored Procedure Issue (reply)

Did you install sql7 sp?

------------
    Kelly at 4/14/00 7:41:09 PM

This is a very strange problem. A user can register the server in enterprise mananger and can access all objects but stored procedures. When he tries to access stored procedures, a "invalid cursor state" error is displayed. This is not user specific as I registered the server as sa from his machine and experienced the same symptoms.

Additionally, the query analyzer only displays one field per screen in the results section. His is the only machine on which I have seen this happen.

I have uninstalled SQL 6.5 EM, uninstalled 7.0 EM, reinstalled SP5 for NT 4.0, reinstalled MDAC ver 2.1, and reinstalled 7.0 EM. All to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea where I should go from here? Thanks for any help.