Thread: Clustering with NT/SQL Server

Shea Guest

Clustering with NT/SQL Server

Those of you who are using MS Clustering, what are some advantages vs. a third party product such as "Double-Take" ? If you have used "Doube-Take" I would be extremely interested in your thought of the product.

Is it relatively easy to setup and configure with and environment
    that's using all the standard products of BACKOFFICE (SQL Server 7.0 Standard Edition, NT 4.0 Standard Edition etc...)

Any hints, tips, etc... would be also GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Karhatsu Guest

Clustering with NT/SQL Server (reply)

I'm not familiar wit Double-Take. NT Clustering is relatively easy. I would say if it performs as well and the TCO is comparable the only thing to question is how mature of a product is it and will it be supported two years from now? We just went to an Active/Active environment and everything is great. Now it's time for me to look at the next evolution, Windows 2000. Thanks for posting, I will also look into Double-Take, Good Luck

Pete

------------
    Shea at 5/1/00 1:21:46 PM

Those of you who are using MS Clustering, what are some advantages vs. a third party product such as "Double-Take" ? If you have used "Doube-Take" I would be extremely interested in your thought of the product.

that's using all the standard products of BACKOFFICE (SQL Server 7.0 Standard Edition, NT 4.0 Standard Edition etc...)

Thanks in advance.

Ray Miao Guest

Clustering with NT/SQL Server (reply)

You need nt enterprise edition and sql enterprise edition to setup sql clustering.

------------
    Shea at 5/1/00 1:21:46 PM

Thanks in advance.