Thread: Decimal data type

zrxowm Guest

Decimal data type

I have decimal(6,2) defined in a column. If I insert 90.6, it will display 90.60 , 0 becomes .00 .
    Is there a way or configuration change so the 0's will on the last will not be showing. And
    the 0 will display as 0 not .00?

Thanks in advance.

GreatInca Guest

Decimal data type (reply)

Its a fixed decimal. SP or client Code will have to un-fix it. The Money types are like that too.

------------
    zrxowm at 9/13/00 3:05:12 PM

I have decimal(6,2) defined in a column. If I insert 90.6, it will display 90.60 , 0 becomes .00 .
    Is there a way or configuration change so the 0's will on the last will not be showing. And

Thanks in advance.

zrxowm Guest

Decimal data type (reply)

But if you view the data using the SQL Enterprise Manager, the 0's are not there. It seems
    that it is storing the data in db without 0's on it, which is what I wanted. But if you use other
    tools eg.. SQL Analyzer (t-sql), ASP or VB..., it display the 0's. How do you explain that?

Thanks for the reply.

------------
    GreatInca at 9/13/00 8:37:50 PM

Its a fixed decimal. SP or client Code will have to un-fix it. The Money types are like that too.

------------
    zrxowm at 9/13/00 3:05:12 PM

Thanks in advance.