Thread: triggers not working with DTS

Lisa Nicoletti Guest

triggers not working with DTS

Hello,

I am currently using a trigger on a table to update a row in another table on an insert. This works fine. However, when I use DTS to import multiple rows from an excel file, the trigger does not work and I do not receive an error message. Is there some setting that disables the use of triggers when importing data? Or is there some setting I need to add to the trigger itself?

Thank you!
    Lisa Nicoletti

Craig Guest

triggers not working with DTS (reply)

My only thought when I read this was is DTS using BCP and BCP is being not logged, so the trigger does not fire? What do you think Lisa?

------------
    Lisa Nicoletti at 8/10/00 10:06:23 AM

Hello,

I am currently using a trigger on a table to update a row in another table on an insert. This works fine. However, when I use DTS to import multiple rows from an excel file, the trigger does not work and I do not receive an error message. Is there some setting that disables the use of triggers when importing data? Or is there some setting I need to add to the trigger itself?

Thank you!
    Lisa Nicoletti

Lisa Nicoletti Guest

triggers not working with DTS (reply)

I think my problem is, I don't know where BCP logging is turned on or off. Any thoughts?

------------
    Craig at 8/10/00 10:30:19 AM

My only thought when I read this was is DTS using BCP and BCP is being not logged, so the trigger does not fire? What do you think Lisa?

------------
    Lisa Nicoletti at 8/10/00 10:06:23 AM

Hello,

Thank you!
    Lisa Nicoletti