Thread: v7 Server to Server user transfer

Lisa Guest

v7 Server to Server user transfer

Tried using DTS utility to transfer tables, data, stored proc's,user id/passwords from one v7 server to another v7 server and it's not working. Only table structure and sa login are transferred. Can anyone provide a way to do this successfully? The transfer wizard is only good for transferring info from v6.5 to v7.0 only.

Ray Miao Guest

v7 Server to Server user transfer (reply)

Not true since I do this all the time. You can use dts to transfer almost every thing except sa or password. You should choose 'transfer objects and data between sql7 servers' instead of 'copy tables'.

------------
    Lisa at 7/25/00 8:03:54 PM

Tried using DTS utility to transfer tables, data, stored proc's,user id/passwords from one v7 server to another v7 server and it's not working. Only table structure and sa login are transferred. Can anyone provide a way to do this successfully? The transfer wizard is only good for transferring info from v6.5 to v7.0 only.

Chakri Guest

Hi
    Try restoring the Master Database on the new server you will get all
    the userid's and passwords.
    Thanks
    Chakri

------------
    Ray Miao at 7/26/00 8:32:03 AM

Not true since I do this all the time. You can use dts to transfer almost every thing except sa or password. You should choose 'transfer objects and data between sql7 servers' instead of 'copy tables'.

------------

After I sent this message out I tried it and it worked. Thanks for your response.

------------
    Ray Miao at 7/26/00 8:32:03 AM

------------