Thread: delete statement won't work!!

emily Guest

delete statement won't work!!

i am having problem running a simple delete statement against a table. it just hangs is there anything i should look at? the table has 4 primary keys and the index makes up of the 4 keys and ideas?

i viewed the delete statement with the execusion plan and this is what i saw.

delete -> index delete/delete -> sorting the input -> table delete/delete -> Top -> Index scan.

steve Guest

delete statement won't work!! (reply)

Have you tried running sp_who2 during your delete to identify if some other SPID is blocking yours? Usually when simple SQL statement hangs, a good place to look is sp_who2 to see if the table (or page) is locked by another spid.

------------
    emily at 2/1/01 3:41:57 PM

delete from UNIFIED_FACT_TABLEcopy where IMPORT_INSTANCE_ID = 1262

------------
    Ravi at 2/1/01 3:39:27 PM

If you could give the statement used, It will be usefull to resolve the problem.

Ravi.

------------
    emily at 2/1/01 1:48:36 PM

i am having problem running a simple delete statement against a table. it just hangs is there anything i should look at? the table has 4 primary keys and the index makes up of the 4 keys and ideas?

i viewed the delete statement with the execusion plan and this is what i saw.

delete -> index delete/delete -> sorting the input -> table delete/delete -> Top -> Index scan.