Thread: DTS in a stored procedure

Scott Guest

DTS in a stored procedure

Is there a way to execute a DTS package within a stored procedure. Either a custome sotored procedure or a system provided stored procedure?

Thanks!

Matt Guest

DTS in a stored procedure (reply)

You could try the xp_cmdshell stored procedure and use the dtsrun.exe to kick of a DTS package.
    Matt

------------
    Scott at 2/1/01 11:06:59 AM

Is there a way to execute a DTS package within a stored procedure. Either a custome sotored procedure or a system provided stored procedure?

Thanks!

scott Guest

DTS in a stored procedure (reply)

Thanks, actually in searching through the archives here, I found a great way to do it. I already have a jobe scheduled to run this, but this process is for someone to submit the job manually. So what I do is create a stored procedure in msdb that that will execute sp_start_job and the name of the job.

EXAMPLE EXEC sp_start_job "job_name"

so from my VB app I just submit the query to execute and it in turn starts the job I created.

------------
    Matt at 2/1/01 6:14:07 PM

You could try the xp_cmdshell stored procedure and use the dtsrun.exe to kick of a DTS package.
    Matt

------------
    Scott at 2/1/01 11:06:59 AM

Thanks!