Thread: Triggers: how to tell if they're enabled?

Pete Guest

Triggers: how to tell if they're enabled?

I've looked in several books in addition to the online SQL Server documentation, and I can't find a way to determine whether or not a trigger is enabled or disabled. I know how to enable/disable, I just can't figure out the current status of the trigger. It's not returned in sp_help or sp_helptrigger, and there's no indication in Enterprise Manager of a trigger's status. Does anyone out there know how to do this?

rogjh Guest

Triggers: how to tell if they're enabled? (reply)

Only thing I could find concerned recursive triggers as a db option. This statement:

sp_dboption &#39;<database_name>&#39;, &#39;recursive triggers&#39;

will return an &#39;on&#39; or &#39;off&#39; status. This, of course, is database-wide.

------------
    Pete at 2/15/2002 4:06:15 PM

I&#39;ve looked in several books in addition to the online SQL Server documentation, and I can&#39;t find a way to determine whether or not a trigger is enabled or disabled. I know how to enable/disable, I just can&#39;t figure out the current status of the trigger. It&#39;s not returned in sp_help or sp_helptrigger, and there&#39;s no indication in Enterprise Manager of a trigger&#39;s status. Does anyone out there know how to do this?