Thread: SQL Mail Not Working

Denise Guest

SQL Mail Not Working

Hi,

I'm trying to send an email notification test. I get an error that reads as follows:

Error 22022: SQL Server Agent Error: The SQL Server Mail Session is not running; check the mail profile and/or the SQL Server Agent service start up account in the SQL Server Agent Properties dialog.

I viewed the SQL Mail properties and it shows Start.

Any Suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Denise

David Guest

SQL Mail Not Working (reply)

Hi,

Do you have a mail profile set-up on the server. (MS Outlook or Exchange). If not, install MS Outlook. If so, right click on the Mail icon on the desktop on the server and select properties. Click on the Show Profiles button. What is the name of the profile that starts when using MS Outlook? It should be something like MS Exchange Settings. This profile must be for the Account that starts your SQL Services. If that account does not have a mail profile, log on as that account and create one. If it does have a mail profile, then THAT name (MS Exchange settings) must be the name in SQL mail (under support services), and also in SQL Agent (under management).

Hope this helps...

David

------------
    Denise at 10/19/01 8:50:11 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to send an email notification test. I get an error that reads as follows:

Error 22022: SQL Server Agent Error: The SQL Server Mail Session is not running; check the mail profile and/or the SQL Server Agent service start up account in the SQL Server Agent Properties dialog.

Any Suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Denise

Denise Guest

Hi,

I tried all your suggestions and it passes the test, but when I try to test a notification; it says this message was successfully sent. But no email was ever sent.

The log shows the following:

[000] Password verification of the 'SQLAgentCmdExec' proxy account failed (reason: A required privilege is not held by the client)

Any more suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Denise
    ------------
    David at 10/22/01 6:51:20 AM

Hi,

Do you have a mail profile set-up on the server. (MS Outlook or Exchange). If not, install MS Outlook. If so, right click on the Mail icon on the desktop on the server and select properties. Click on the Show Profiles button. What is the name of the profile that starts when using MS Outlook? It should be something like MS Exchange Settings. This profile must be for the Account that starts your SQL Services. If that account does not have a mail profile, log on as that account and create one. If it does have a mail profile, then THAT name (MS Exchange settings) must be the name in SQL mail (under support services), and also in SQL Agent (under management).

Hope this helps...

David

------------

Hi,

Any Suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Denise

Daimon Guest

------------
    Denise at 10/23/01 3:23:39 PM

Hi,

I tried all your suggestions and it passes the test, but when I try to test a notification; it says this message was successfully sent. But no email was ever sent.

The log shows the following:

[000] Password verification of the 'SQLAgentCmdExec' proxy account failed (reason: A required privilege is not held by the client)

Any more suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Denise
    ------------

Hi,

Hope this helps...

David

------------

Hi,

Any Suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Denise

Denise,

Do you have a mailbox set up on the Exchange Server? In order to receive the email, you must have a mailbox that it will run through.

We have a set-up where we have a profile created by the owner of the SQL Services named DBA. On the Exchange Server which we use as a thorough put to the mailbox which is to receive it, has an identical mailbox named DBA on it. Then within this mailbox, we have the distribution listing of those people who are to receive the SQL notifications.

But it won't work without a mailbox on your Exchange Server, if this is the route you are using.

Hope this helps.
    Daimon

sanjeev Guest

Try Logging onto windows nt /win2k server with the same username and password with which you have used to start the sqlserver service. If you are running your sqlserver with local system account you will have to change the startup account for sqlserver ( change it domain account)

------------

Hi,

Hope this helps...

David

------------

Hi,

Any Suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Denise