Thread: execution of SQL batch statements while installation

Mangala Guest

execution of SQL batch statements while installation

Hi,
    I want to know if I can execute a set of batch statements ( basically create statements) during the installation of our product. I have used Access with ADP connected to MS SQL Server 7.0 and I am trying to merge the database and table creations with the installation procedure. Please tell me how I can go ahead with this. (I have tried using the installshield and some other similar products with not of much use).
    Thanks in advance,
    Mangala

Chris Thibodeaux Guest

execution of SQL batch statements while installation (reply)

You can use SQL DMO with Installshield. You can compile them as another dll or executable if you desire, as well.

-- HTH --

------------
    Mangala at 9/7/01 4:35:43 PM

Hi,
    I want to know if I can execute a set of batch statements ( basically create statements) during the installation of our product. I have used Access with ADP connected to MS SQL Server 7.0 and I am trying to merge the database and table creations with the installation procedure. Please tell me how I can go ahead with this. (I have tried using the installshield and some other similar products with not of much use).
    Thanks in advance,
    Mangala

Mangala Guest

execution of SQL batch statements while installation (reply)

Thanks Chris,
    I will try that out

------------
    Chris Thibodeaux at 9/10/01 4:15:07 PM

You can use SQL DMO with Installshield. You can compile them as another dll or executable if you desire, as well.

-- HTH --

------------
    Mangala at 9/7/01 4:35:43 PM

Hi,
    Thanks in advance,
    Mangala