Thread: Restore DB & T-Log

pvd Guest

Restore DB & T-Log

Hi,
    I restored a DB and while restoring I selected the Optio - "Leave DB non-operational but able to restore additional T-log".
    I want to add more T-logs (one every 2 hours)and at the same time I also want this DB to be operational.
    Is it possible to add T-log to an operational DB?Is this not log-shiiping is all about?
    I have sql2k/win2k.
    Any thoughts?

Todd Guest

Restore DB & T-Log (reply)

If you mean operational in that you can read from it, use the 'Leave database read-only...'. If you want to be able to make modifications to the data, you will need to use replication.

------------
    pvd at 6/25/01 10:33:33 AM

Hi,
    I restored a DB and while restoring I selected the Optio - "Leave DB non-operational but able to restore additional T-log".
    I want to add more T-logs (one every 2 hours)and at the same time I also want this DB to be operational.
    Is it possible to add T-log to an operational DB?Is this not log-shiiping is all about?
    I have sql2k/win2k.
    Any thoughts?

Restore DB & T-Log (reply)

if you using SQL2k and win2k use logshipping wizard

------------
    pvd at 6/25/01 10:33:33 AM

Hi,
    I have sql2k/win2k.
    Any thoughts?