Thread: ODBC ERROR

Candice Brendin Guest

ODBC ERROR

I got this error message while I was trying to backup the last transaction log before I start restoring a database that is marked SUSPECT. SQL Server is running on Windows 9x. Please how can I handle it because I can't even restore the db. Thanks for your help!

Server: Msg 4060, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'Memphis. Login fails.

Connection Broken

Don Klein Guest

ODBC ERROR (reply)

298] SQLServer Error: 4060, Cannot open database requested in login '%.*ls'. Login fails. [SQLSTATE 42000]

CAUSE
    The Expired Subscription Cleanup job executes the sp_expired_subscription_cleanup stored procedure within the context of the first database that was published. The sp_expired_subscription_cleanup stored procedure tries to run under the context of the database that was dropped but the procedure fails.

WORKAROUND
    To work around this problem, follow these steps:

Open the SQL Enterprise Manager, and then navigate to the server that has the failed job.

Open the Miscellaneous Agents folder under the Replication Monitor folder. In the details window right-click the Expired Subscription Cleanup Agent, and then click Agent Properties.

To open the edit job step window, click the Steps tab, and then double-click the Run agent step.

Under the database option, you will see the first database (in alphabetical order) to be the database context under which the agent executes the stored procedure.

Select an existing database (preferably choose the master), and then click OK.

Close all the open windows. Click OK, and then start the agent. The agent now runs successfully.

------------
    Candice Brendin at 6/25/01 12:04:45 AM

I got this error message while I was trying to backup the last transaction log before I start restoring a database that is marked SUSPECT. SQL Server is running on Windows 9x. Please how can I handle it because I can't even restore the db. Thanks for your help!

Server: Msg 4060, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'Memphis. Login fails.

Connection Broken