Thread: URGENT isql will not start

darlene Guest

URGENT isql will not start

I'm running sql 6.5. trying to load lots of data. Rec msg that memory was low so I increased memory obvisouly too high. Now sql will not start. found all the documentation to start sql in single user mode however when trying to start isql to change to memory setting, isql would not start. The server is using named pipes. Message I receive is sql server is unavailable or does not exist.

You help would be greatly appreciated as this is a production environment and we are down.

thanks!!
    darlene

Ray Miao Guest

URGENT isql will not start (reply)

Change netlib in client network utility then try again.

------------
    darlene at 1/24/2002 11:46:15 AM

I'm running sql 6.5. trying to load lots of data. Rec msg that memory was low so I increased memory obvisouly too high. Now sql will not start. found all the documentation to start sql in single user mode however when trying to start isql to change to memory setting, isql would not start. The server is using named pipes. Message I receive is sql server is unavailable or does not exist.

You help would be greatly appreciated as this is a production environment and we are down.

thanks!!
    darlene

Andel Guest

URGENT isql will not start (reply)

Try starting sql in dos prompt using your backup of the master db.

sqlservr [/c] [/dmaster_device_path] [/f] [/eerror_log_path] [/m] [/n]
    [/pprecision_level] [/rmaster_mirror] [/sregistry_key] [/Ttrace#] [/x]

Andel

------------
    Ray Miao at 1/24/2002 1:17:07 PM

Change netlib in client network utility then try again.

------------
    darlene at 1/24/2002 11:46:15 AM

thanks!!
    darlene