Thread: uninstalling SQL Server

Lena Guest

uninstalling SQL Server

Hi!
    I'm trying to uninstall SQL Server 7.0 going through Add/Remove Program and getting message "sqlserver.exe in use".
    All my applications are closed, SQL Server service is stopped and Agent is stopped also.
    What else should I check to be able to uninstall it?

Thanks

Lena

Jeff Putnam Guest

uninstalling SQL Server (reply)

I'd advise trying the uninstall utility that actually lives in the SQL Server group off your programs menu; often the specific utilities work better than the generic MS tool in Control Panel.
    ------------
    Lena at 5/22/01 2:22:55 PM

Hi!
    I'm trying to uninstall SQL Server 7.0 going through Add/Remove Program and getting message "sqlserver.exe in use".
    All my applications are closed, SQL Server service is stopped and Agent is stopped also.

Thanks

Lena

Lena Guest

I just tried SQL Server uninstall utility and still getting the same message.

------------
    Jeff Putnam at 5/22/01 2:25:53 PM

I'd advise trying the uninstall utility that actually lives in the SQL Server group off your programs menu; often the specific utilities work better than the generic MS tool in Control Panel.
    ------------

Hi!

Thanks

Lena

Jaya Guest

Check in Task manager/Process, is sqlserver.exe showing up. If it is, try to end process and try uninstall utility. Also check the other services like MSDTC or OLAP Services.

------------
    Lena at 5/22/01 2:34:24 PM

------------

------------

Hi!

Thanks

Lena

Lena Guest

Thank you!
    It worked.

Lena

------------
    Jaya at 5/23/01 4:55:34 AM

Check in Task manager/Process, is sqlserver.exe showing up. If it is, try to end process and try uninstall utility. Also check the other services like MSDTC or OLAP Services.

------------
    Lena at 5/22/01 2:34:24 PM

------------

------------

Hi!

Thanks

Lena