Thread: SQL 7 Database Size

gordon Guest

SQL 7 Database Size

I am a beginner with sql and I have been inputting data (txt files) to my database and now have approached 4GB in size and it will not let me expand any further on the primary file group. My 'boss' said that sql has no size. I am using desktop

ItsMeAgain Guest

SQL 7 Database Size (reply)

SQLServer supports terabyte size databases.
    You just need to setup your file group for auto-growth or setup a maximum size. If you want you can specify multiple filegroups for your database.

------------
    gordon at 5/4/01 4:01:18 PM

I am a beginner with sql and I have been inputting data (txt files) to my database and now have approached 4GB in size and it will not let me expand any further on the primary file group. My 'boss' said that sql has no size. I am using desktop

gordon Guest

thanks for the input - I have file size set to unrestricted growth and automatically grow file by 10% It gives me an error message 112 from the operating system (win 2000) and I have 11GB spare on my desktop?

------------
    ItsMeAgain at 5/4/01 4:08:09 PM

You just need to setup your file group for auto-growth or setup a maximum size. If you want you can specify multiple filegroups for your database.

------------

MAK Guest

Add another file group to a different location with 4 more GB.
    -MAK

------------
    gordon at 5/4/01 4:30:14 PM

thanks for the input - I have file size set to unrestricted growth and automatically grow file by 10% It gives me an error message 112 from the operating system (win 2000) and I have 11GB spare on my desktop?

------------

------------

gordon whale Guest

thanks it now works

------------
    MAK at 5/7/01 12:17:31 PM

Add another file group to a different location with 4 more GB.
    -MAK

------------
    gordon at 5/4/01 4:30:14 PM

------------

------------