Thread: ERROR: Too Many Arguments passed to stored procedure

colleen Guest

ERROR: Too Many Arguments passed to stored procedure

Hi,

We have an application written in ASP that calls a MS-SQL stored procedure and passes several parameters. Once in a while, we get this error, but most of the time it works. We can also run this in SQL query analyzer without ever a problem. We've looked at the obvious and found nothing wrong.

Please help! Any suggestions are appreciated.
    (I posted this in ASP discussion board but no one replied)

Colleen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|

Paul Guest

ERROR: Too Many Arguments passed to stored procedure (reply)

Colleen,

Remember that if the procedure takes parameters, and uses them to some type of an insert or update that the affected tables contain the same number of rows in it. Has the underlying table changed recently? This is where I would start looking. If you need more help send over the DDL of the SP and the affected tables I would be glad to look at it.

PA

------------
    colleen at 1/22/2002 3:06:01 PM

Hi,

We have an application written in ASP that calls a MS-SQL stored procedure and passes several parameters. Once in a while, we get this error, but most of the time it works. We can also run this in SQL query analyzer without ever a problem. We've looked at the obvious and found nothing wrong.

Please help! Any suggestions are appreciated.
    (I posted this in ASP discussion board but no one replied)

Colleen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|