Thread: Why isn't Microsoft actively marketing SQL Server 2000 OLAP?

drusilla Guest

Why isn't Microsoft actively marketing SQL Server 2000 OLAP?

I recently wrote a white paper on OLAP and was having a hard time finding any information about what was new in SQL Server 2000 OLAP on the web. I didn't really find much until I downloaded a trial copy of SQL Server 2000 (which didn't have OLAP, but had links to information on it). We use Hyperion Essbase, and I was wondering if Microsoft OLAP 2000 would be a viable competitor.

tc Guest

Not specified

The real version of SQL has all you need. THere have been some recent good article in SQL Server magazine about it, and there are books starting to appear that are worthtwhile

------------
    drusilla at 4/9/01 8:05:12 AM

I recently wrote a white paper on OLAP and was having a hard time finding any information about what was new in SQL Server 2000 OLAP on the web. I didn't really find much until I downloaded a trial copy of SQL Server 2000 (which didn't have OLAP, but had links to information on it). We use Hyperion Essbase, and I was wondering if Microsoft OLAP 2000 would be a viable competitor.

Andrew Beaumont Guest

Not specified (reply)

------------
    tc at 4/9/01 12:28:09 PM

The real version of SQL has all you need. THere have been some recent good article in SQL Server magazine about it, and there are books starting to appear that are worthtwhile

------------
    drusilla at 4/9/01 8:05:12 AM

Perhaps, Microsoft only market their poor products
    in a big way!
    I have used OLAP Services in 7 & it is good!
    Besides books there is also the microsoft web site
    - www.microsoft.comolap
    Which product is best for you is subjective to
    your site?

Best Wishes,
    Andrew