Thread: insert/select

Rob Guest

insert/select

Hello all,

I'm trying to copy the contence from one table to another with the following statement:

insert tmembers
    select cardno,voornaam,achternaam,straat,nummer,toevoegin g, postcode,woonplaats,regio,land,geboortedatum,gesla cht,leeftijd,telefoon,mobiel,homepage,email,id_bew ijs,id_nummer,uitgiftedatum,expiratiedatum,delict, hobbies,soort_bezoeker,muziek_voorkeur,mailing,ema il_lijst,reactie,notitie,haarkleur,oogkleur,kenmer ken,fingerprint,faceprint,cam_pos from members

I get the following error on execution

Server: Msg 8152, Level 16, State 9, Line 1 String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.

Can anyone tell me what this means or suggest a better way on how to copy the contence between two tables.

Kind regards,

Rob

Karl Guest

insert/select (reply)

------------
    Rob at 4/5/01 6:14:39 AM

Hello all,

I'm trying to copy the contence from one table to another with the following statement:

INSERT INTO tmembers

(cardno,voornaam,achternaam,straat,nummer,toevoegi ng, postcode,woonplaats,regio,land,geboortedatum,gesla cht,leeftijd,telefoon,mobiel,homepage,email,id_bew ijs,id_nummer,uitgiftedatum,expiratiedatum,delict, hobbies,soort_bezoeker,muziek_voorkeur,mailing,ema il_lijst,reactie,notitie,haarkleur,oogkleur,kenmer ken,fingerprint,faceprint,cam_pos)

select cardno,voornaam,achternaam,straat,nummer,toevoegin g, postcode,woonplaats,regio,land,geboortedatum,gesla cht,leeftijd,telefoon,mobiel,homepage,email,id_bew ijs,id_nummer,uitgiftedatum,expiratiedatum,delict, hobbies,soort_bezoeker,muziek_voorkeur,mailing,ema il_lijst,reactie,notitie,haarkleur,oogkleur,kenmer ken,fingerprint,faceprint,cam_pos from members

Hope this helps

Karl

insert tmembers

I get the following error on execution

Server: Msg 8152, Level 16, State 9, Line 1 String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.

Can anyone tell me what this means or suggest a better way on how to copy the contence between two tables.

Kind regards,

Rob