Thread: 911: Timeout when trying to Restore DB

Michael Guest

911: Timeout when trying to Restore DB

Friends:
    I've lost one critical table (stupid me and SM). I want to restore DB from the backup under another name, then get the table transferred to my live DB.
    I've tried it on my testing server and it worked out, but no matter what I do, it doesn't work on my live server.

I get the message SQL-DMO SQLState: "Timeout expired". I cannot figure out what is different between 2 servers.

Remarkably, I cannot Verify the backup at all even I backup Transaction Log. Same "Timeout expired".

Please, help.

MAK Guest

911: Timeout when trying to Restore DB (reply)

u tried in Test server right? Transfer the table from testserver to your production. [(DTS) or Link server.]
    make sure that the table doesnt have any triggers. (drop the trigger, transfer the data and recreate the trigger.

-MAK

------------
    Michael at 4/5/01 1:36:09 AM

Friends:
    I've lost one critical table (stupid me and SM). I want to restore DB from the backup under another name, then get the table transferred to my live DB.
    I've tried it on my testing server and it worked out, but no matter what I do, it doesn't work on my live server.

I get the message SQL-DMO SQLState: "Timeout expired". I cannot figure out what is different between 2 servers.

Remarkably, I cannot Verify the backup at all even I backup Transaction Log. Same "Timeout expired".

Please, help.

Michael Guest

I'm OK now, but I wasn't at night. When I tested on the Test server, I used backup file from Test server, not Live one. Then I decided to try as you suggest. The problem was the backup file was 2+Gb, so it took a while to transfer it over the DSL connection to the test server.

Still wondering why it didn't want to work on the live server.

Any other way to re-create a single table?

Thanks

------------
    MAK at 4/5/01 8:45:36 AM

u tried in Test server right? Transfer the table from testserver to your production. [(DTS) or Link server.]
    make sure that the table doesnt have any triggers. (drop the trigger, transfer the data and recreate the trigger.

-MAK

------------

Friends:

Please, help.

MAK Guest

nah... Ms is working on it to get tables from database. I believe.....

-MAK

------------
    Michael at 4/5/01 2:24:14 PM

I'm OK now, but I wasn't at night. When I tested on the Test server, I used backup file from Test server, not Live one. Then I decided to try as you suggest. The problem was the backup file was 2+Gb, so it took a while to transfer it over the DSL connection to the test server.

Still wondering why it didn't want to work on the live server.

Any other way to re-create a single table?

Thanks

------------
    MAK at 4/5/01 8:45:36 AM

-MAK

------------

Friends:

Please, help.