Thread: Tracking user access to a DB

AAA Guest

Tracking user access to a DB

Hi,

Does any one have any idea of how to track a user access to a spesfic DB because we have an old DB and we don't know if any body using it, I know Profiler can help but I need to know when it was the last time this DB has been accessed.

Thanks

Paul Guest

Tracking user access to a DB (reply)

sp_who

------------
    AAA at 3/22/01 10:26:58 AM

Hi,

Does any one have any idea of how to track a user access to a spesfic DB because we have an old DB and we don't know if any body using it, I know Profiler can help but I need to know when it was the last time this DB has been accessed.

Thanks

AAA Guest

sp_who will show you the current process info, what I need some history info on when was the last time this DB has been accessed or used.

------------
    Paul at 3/22/01 10:57:36 AM

sp_who

------------

Hi,

Thanks

MAK Guest

profiler.

------------
    AAA at 3/22/01 11:01:59 AM

sp_who will show you the current process info, what I need some history info on when was the last time this DB has been accessed or used.

------------

sp_who

------------

Hi,

Thanks

mjt Guest

SQL Server does not have that feature. I do not know if any Database servers (ie. Oracle, etc...) have that feature except for a third party add-ons.

What you need to do is duplicate the sp_who procedure and put the history on a temporary table on a temporary database. Let it run for a week or two then you can query it after then.

mjt

------------
    AAA at 3/22/01 11:01:59 AM

------------

sp_who

------------

Hi,

Thanks