Thread: SQL Executive

zrxowm Guest

SQL Executive

Hi all! Does anyone of you know what port number SQL Executive is using? Is it separate from the SQL Server's 1433?
    I have a user who is behind a firewall. He can connect to sql server but he can not run a task manually. If the task is scheduled it is successful but
    if he run manually , sql server display &#34;The SQL Executive service is not currently running on <servername>. This prevents task .... from being run.&#34;
    Eventhough the service is running and other jobs are successfully.

Would it be possible the port for SQL Server is open to that user but not the
    sql executive.

Thanks in advance.
    Zrxowm

SQL Executive (reply)

Check the permissions for login that is used to run the job. It should be Domain user.

------------
    zrxowm at 3/15/01 2:44:53 PM

Hi all! Does anyone of you know what port number SQL Executive is using? Is it separate from the SQL Server&#39;s 1433?
    I have a user who is behind a firewall. He can connect to sql server but he can not run a task manually. If the task is scheduled it is successful but
    if he run manually , sql server display &#34;The SQL Executive service is not currently running on <servername>. This prevents task .... from being run.&#34;

sql executive.

Thanks in advance.
    Zrxowm

zrxowm Guest

SQL Executive (reply)

The owner is a SQL Server account not NT. The task is successful when scheduled. I tried to login as that account and ran it manually and was
    successful. I think because I am inside the firewall, and when the task is
    scheduled it runs in the server.

It only fails when run manually behind the firewall.

thanks for the response.

------------
    at 3/15/01 2:47:24 PM

Check the permissions for login that is used to run the job. It should be Domain user.

------------

Hi all! Does anyone of you know what port number SQL Executive is using? Is it separate from the SQL Server&#39;s 1433?

sql executive.

Thanks in advance.
    Zrxowm

SQL Executive (reply)

The NT account should be Domain User, and should have permissions on the database.

------------
    zrxowm at 3/15/01 3:00:50 PM

The owner is a SQL Server account not NT. The task is successful when scheduled. I tried to login as that account and ran it manually and was
    successful. I think because I am inside the firewall, and when the task is
    scheduled it runs in the server.

It only fails when run manually behind the firewall.

thanks for the response.

------------
    at 3/15/01 2:47:24 PM

------------

sql executive.

Thanks in advance.
    Zrxowm