Thread: How do I get a printout of all my tables and fields ?

TimH Guest

How do I get a printout of all my tables and fields ?

Hi,

I have a database with approx 95 tables. I would like to get a printout of each table, the fields contained therein and the field type
    (i.e the information displayed when rightclicking a table in Enterprise Manager and selecting Properties).

I have tried to use the diagram function but due to the large number of tables the diagram is very complex and would have to be printed out on a huge sheet of paper to make it legible. I have also looked at the SP_HELP stored procedure but can't seem to get the syntax correct to display properties on all tables (info on one table is no problem).

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Tim H

Jun Guest

How do I get a printout of all my tables and fields ? (reply)

Just Go to SQL Scripts on this site, you will find the following Script:
    "sp_alldbinfo.SQL - Submitted by: SU GE posted on 9/20/99" on the SQL Server Script Library (Version 7.0) under the category "Maintenance and Management".

Hope this will save you some time for scripting!

Jun

------------
    TimH at 3/15/01 8:47:17 AM

Hi,

I have a database with approx 95 tables. I would like to get a printout of each table, the fields contained therein and the field type
    (i.e the information displayed when rightclicking a table in Enterprise Manager and selecting Properties).

I have tried to use the diagram function but due to the large number of tables the diagram is very complex and would have to be printed out on a huge sheet of paper to make it legible. I have also looked at the SP_HELP stored procedure but can't seem to get the syntax correct to display properties on all tables (info on one table is no problem).

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Tim H