Thread: DTS & Client tools Versions

Phil Mc Guest

DTS & Client tools Versions

SQL 2000 Client tools SQL7 SP3 Server back-end.

I have a DTS Package created with SQL2000 client tools, which contains a SQL connection and a sql task (exec sp_who2). When I run the package on my PC it works, when I run the package via SQL Agent it comes back with :-

DTSRun: Loading... Error: -2147287038 (80030002); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: The system cannot find the file specified. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts.hlp Help context: 713. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

I am not using any files. The DTS Package is called PMC_Test

Here is the dtsrun syntax from the SQL Agent job.

DTSRun /S "APP003" /N "PMC_Test" /E

When I try and open the DTS package using SQL7 client tools I get the same error message.

cal Guest

DTS & Client tools Versions (reply)

If the SQL server box is SQL 7 then use SQL 7 box to create and save the package. Also if you going to modify the SQL 7 package, do not use SQL 2000 to save it. If you do the package is save under SQL 2000

Final though, SQL 7 cannot read SQL 2000 package.

------------
    Phil Mc at 3/15/01 4:56:58 AM

SQL 2000 Client tools SQL7 SP3 Server back-end.

I have a DTS Package created with SQL2000 client tools, which contains a SQL connection and a sql task (exec sp_who2). When I run the package on my PC it works, when I run the package via SQL Agent it comes back with :-

DTSRun: Loading... Error: -2147287038 (80030002); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: The system cannot find the file specified. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts.hlp Help context: 713. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

I am not using any files. The DTS Package is called PMC_Test

Here is the dtsrun syntax from the SQL Agent job.

DTSRun /S "APP003" /N "PMC_Test" /E

When I try and open the DTS package using SQL7 client tools I get the same error message.