Thread: Orphan records

Jon Guest

Orphan records

I have run a NOT EXISTS query comparing a table in test and production, to determine which records have been added to the table in production so I can import those records to test. The count(*) from both tables has a difference of 766 records but the query is showing 768. I am trying to find the easiest/quickest way to identify the orphan records.

Orphan records (reply)

Check the condition in the query. I think count(*) is giving currect results.

------------
    Jon at 3/14/01 1:58:50 PM

I have run a NOT EXISTS query comparing a table in test and production, to determine which records have been added to the table in production so I can import those records to test. The count(*) from both tables has a difference of 766 records but the query is showing 768. I am trying to find the easiest/quickest way to identify the orphan records.

Jun Guest

Orphan records (reply)

If you have ID column which exist in both table (say TableA and TableB), you can use the following query to identify the records exist in TableA but not in TableB.

/****************/

SELECT *
    FROM TableA
    WHERE id NOT IN
    (SELECT id FROM TableB )

/***********************/

Hope this helps.

Jun

------------
    Jon at 3/14/01 1:58:50 PM