Thread: FTP step in DTS.

Sheila Guest

FTP step in DTS.

I am trying to create an FTP process using DTS as one of the steps in my package, but the received file gets deleted as soon as it's received from the remote site(as soon as the FTP step completes)! Any idea on what needs to be done?
    Thanks.
    Sheila.

Nick Guest

FTP step in DTS. (reply)

Sheila,

How are you doing the FTP step in the DTS? Are you running a Command Line Script? If so, could you post the content of that script?

Nick

------------
    Sheila at 6/17/2002 4:21:05 PM

I am trying to create an FTP process using DTS as one of the steps in my package, but the received file gets deleted as soon as it's received from the remote site(as soon as the FTP step completes)! Any idea on what needs to be done?
    Thanks.
    Sheila.

Sheila Guest

FTP step in DTS. (reply)

I am using the file transfer protocol option in DTS. The received file appears in the explorer only when the FTP step is running and disappears as soon as the step is completed!
    Thanks.
    Sheila.

------------
    Nick at 6/18/2002 10:25:27 AM

Sheila,

How are you doing the FTP step in the DTS? Are you running a Command Line Script? If so, could you post the content of that script?

Nick

------------

Thanks.
    Sheila.

JeffP Guest

FTP step in DTS. (reply)

Is this on MSSQL 2000, where FTP is a native option in DTS?

If not I understand that you can run either ActiveX or command line.

Nick: are you looking for command line help for FTP? If so, type FTP at a cmd promt and then /? for info.

If you have an FTP server to attach to you can experiment with the commands manually prior to implementing.

HTH

JeffP...

------------
    Sheila at 6/18/2002 12:06:33 PM

I am using the file transfer protocol option in DTS. The received file appears in the explorer only when the FTP step is running and disappears as soon as the step is completed!
    Thanks.
    Sheila.

------------

Sheila,

Nick

------------

Thanks.
    Sheila.

Nick Guest

FTP step in DTS. (reply)

JeffP,

No I am not looking for FTP help. This thread is under the SQL Server 7.0 branch where, as you mentioned, FTP is not a native option within DTS. In SQL Server 2000 DTS, FTP is a native option. I was assuming or asking if she was using the command line batch method to run FTP commands through DTS. And if she was having problems maybe there was something within the batch file that would help. But that is irrelevant now, since we know that we're referring to SQL 2000's native DTS FTP option. I don't have that version of SQL installed on my machine here, so I cannot help.

Nick

------------
    JeffP at 6/18/2002 3:42:53 PM

Is this on MSSQL 2000, where FTP is a native option in DTS?

If not I understand that you can run either ActiveX or command line.

Nick: are you looking for command line help for FTP? If so, type FTP at a cmd promt and then /? for info.

If you have an FTP server to attach to you can experiment with the commands manually prior to implementing.

HTH

JeffP...

------------
    Sheila at 6/18/2002 12:06:33 PM

Thanks.
    Sheila.

------------

Sheila,

Nick

------------

Thanks.
    Sheila.

Nick Guest

FTP step in DTS. (reply)

Sheila,

Maybe try posting this question under the SQL Server 2000 Group.

Nick

------------

Thanks.
    Sheila.