Thread: MDAC 2.6 SP1 not installing properly

stacy Guest

MDAC 2.6 SP1 not installing properly

I installed MDAC 2.6 SP1 on my 2000 machine in order to get SQL server 7.0 to work properly on my machine. I'm trying to get installed on server which is on NT 4.0 SP6 so that when I save a DTS package on my 2000 machine and run it on the server it doesn't get the error client access ODBC driver not capable. I intalled MDAC 2.6 SP1 on the server but it doesn't look like its updating it. The install goes fine. I reboot but when I go into the ODBC connections and look at the driver for the client acceess it still has version 6.00.00.05 while my 2000 machine says 6.00.07.00

Any ideas on why its not updating. Can I just take the DWBODBC.DLL from my machine and copy it to the server?

Hugh Guest

MDAC 2.6 SP1 not installing properly (reply)

You could get the MDAC component checker here >
    http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm

And determine if there are any staggling dlls or registry entries that need editing/deleting.

Its a bit mundane but you could manually remove any unwanted MDAC components [in effect roll-back MDAC], then reinstall MDAC 2.6.

------------
    stacy at 5/22/2002 12:48:55 PM

I installed MDAC 2.6 SP1 on my 2000 machine in order to get SQL server 7.0 to work properly on my machine. I'm trying to get installed on server which is on NT 4.0 SP6 so that when I save a DTS package on my 2000 machine and run it on the server it doesn't get the error client access ODBC driver not capable. I intalled MDAC 2.6 SP1 on the server but it doesn't look like its updating it. The install goes fine. I reboot but when I go into the ODBC connections and look at the driver for the client acceess it still has version 6.00.00.05 while my 2000 machine says 6.00.07.00

Any ideas on why its not updating. Can I just take the DWBODBC.DLL from my machine and copy it to the server?