Thread: DTS failure when scheduled as a job

Vince Guest

DTS failure when scheduled as a job

I have designed a DTS Package and it can be run successfully from Enterprise Manager. However, when I schedule the DTS package to run as a job then it fails with an error message of "Error string: The system cannot find the file specified.".

Anyone any idea as to why the job cannot find the DTS package?

Can it be something to do with SQL Server 7 and 2000 tools as 2000 Client tools have recently been installed onto my PC and the package and job ran fine when I had designed everything in SQL Server 7.

Thanks in advance
    Vince.

Anu Guest

DTS failure when scheduled as a job (reply)

Hi,

Any DTS package created should be done local to the Server as the DTS uses the functionality of the local machine where it is created and works good.

Try creating the DTS on the Server locally instead of doing on client machine.

-Anu

------------
    Vince at 12/27/2001 10:04:21 AM

I have designed a DTS Package and it can be run successfully from Enterprise Manager. However, when I schedule the DTS package to run as a job then it fails with an error message of "Error string: The system cannot find the file specified.".

Anyone any idea as to why the job cannot find the DTS package?

Can it be something to do with SQL Server 7 and 2000 tools as 2000 Client tools have recently been installed onto my PC and the package and job ran fine when I had designed everything in SQL Server 7.

Thanks in advance
    Vince.