Thread: how to find that the database is corrupt

newbee Guest

how to find that the database is corrupt

Hi,

I am new to sqlserver. we are using sqlserver 6.5.
    these is no dbcc checkdb,checkalloc has been ran on the database for more than a uear, and dbcc updateusage has been run daily. Still now no errors are seen on the errorlog. The database has been restored daily on a different server too.

How can we confirm that the database is good. Will the database show suspect if there is a single table gets corrupt.or the dbcc update usage will say that the table is corrupted.

Suppose if I run the checkdb and checkalloc on the server now (after a year), will there be a possibility of table corrupt seen and how can I handle the database in this situation.

It is very much appreciated if any of you clear my doubt.

Thanks,
    newbee

Juergen Leis Guest

how to find that the database is corrupt (reply)

Run

- DBCC CHECKATALOG( db )
    - DBCC CHECKDB( db )
    - DBCC NEWALLOC( db )
    - DBCC TEXTALL( db )

from master and examine the output.
    What you can/must do depends - probably nothing.

------------
    newbee at 1/6/2002 1:16:45 PM

Hi,

these is no dbcc checkdb,checkalloc has been ran on the database for more than a uear, and dbcc updateusage has been run daily. Still now no errors are seen on the errorlog. The database has been restored daily on a different server too.

How can we confirm that the database is good. Will the database show suspect if there is a single table gets corrupt.or the dbcc update usage will say that the table is corrupted.

Suppose if I run the checkdb and checkalloc on the server now (after a year), will there be a possibility of table corrupt seen and how can I handle the database in this situation.

Thanks,
    newbee

newbee Guest

how to find that the database is corrupt (reply)

Thanks a lot for clearing my doubt

-newbee

------------
    Juergen Leis at 1/8/2002 6:52:40 AM

Run

- DBCC CHECKATALOG( db )
    - DBCC CHECKDB( db )
    - DBCC NEWALLOC( db )
    - DBCC TEXTALL( db )

from master and examine the output.
    What you can/must do depends - probably nothing.

------------
    newbee at 1/6/2002 1:16:45 PM

Hi,

Thanks,
    newbee