Thread: etup hangs when installing second instance

Steve Rodgers Guest

etup hangs when installing second instance

When I try and install a new instance alongside the default instance setup appears to hang when asking for the type of installation, ie. Typical,Custom,Advanced. I had to kill the setup process, however the original instance still works. Has anybody had any similar problems during setup. Thanks in anticipation.

Paul Guest

etup hangs when installing second instance (reply)

it is not designed to have 2 instances on the same machine. It is probably having registry conflictions

------------
    Steve Rodgers at 3/2/01 5:27:04 PM

When I try and install a new instance alongside the default instance setup appears to hang when asking for the type of installation, ie. Typical,Custom,Advanced. I had to kill the setup process, however the original instance still works. Has anybody had any similar problems during setup. Thanks in anticipation.

Steve Rodgers Guest

Setup hangs when installing second instance (reply)

Paul, I thought the whole point was that you could have multiple instances on the SAME machine! Each instance having it's own set of services.

------------
    Paul at 3/3/01 9:21:13 AM

it is not designed to have 2 instances on the same machine. It is probably having registry conflictions

------------

Paul Guest

Setup hangs when installing second instance (reply)

Where did u hear this ?

------------
    Steve Rodgers at 3/4/01 2:27:16 PM

Paul, I thought the whole point was that you could have multiple instances on the SAME machine! Each instance having it's own set of services.

------------
    Paul at 3/3/01 9:21:13 AM

------------