Thread: Anyone know of a great book for learning Transact SQL?

Carrie Jensen Guest

Anyone know of a great book for learning Transact SQL?

Hello, I have just started working with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and was wondering if anyone could recommend a great book for learning T-SQL. I was looking for something that would provide several examples on triggers and stored procedures.

Karl Guest

Anyone know of a great book for learning Transact SQL? (reply)

Carrie,

the best book I can reccomend is "The Guru's Guide to Transact-SQL" by Ken Henderson, publishes by Addison Wesley. It's probably the most comprehensive book out there and I would recommend that everyone that has anything to do with writing T-SQL have this book on the shelf.

Regards,

Karl

------------
    Carrie Jensen at 2/26/01 11:19:39 AM

Hello, I have just started working with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and was wondering if anyone could recommend a great book for learning T-SQL. I was looking for something that would provide several examples on triggers and stored procedures.

Troy Guest

Anyone know of a great book for learning Transact SQL? (reply)

Ditto on The Guru's guide to Transact-SQL. I to am new to the Sql 7 world and have purchased this book. VERY Helpful.

------------
    Karl at 2/27/01 7:03:55 AM

Carrie,

the best book I can reccomend is "The Guru's Guide to Transact-SQL" by Ken Henderson, publishes by Addison Wesley. It's probably the most comprehensive book out there and I would recommend that everyone that has anything to do with writing T-SQL have this book on the shelf.

Regards,

Karl

------------
    Carrie Jensen at 2/26/01 11:19:39 AM

Sql Book

sir/Mad'
    Iam Jiten looking for books which includes the T-Sql,Store procedure,Query etc which book is better to reffer plz let me know

Jiten singh
    India(Manipur)

Ken Henderson has some good books on those topics, search on amazon.

In my opinion, practical knowledge is more helpful than theoritical.

Try to answer all the t-sql questions in this forum. Try to answer the posts even thought it has been answered.

Try to read articles related to t-sql in www.sql-server-performance.com