Thread: DTS Execution form Web Application

DTS Execution form Web Application

Can anyone help me in executing a DTS package from my ASP.NET / C# web application ....

I have a DTS package to import data into the SQL SERVER 2000 table. Now what i want i am trying to do is create a front-end application which will take the file name (.xls, .csv). Now after selecting the file , i want to call the saved DTS package on the SQL SERVER 2000.

I need to know , how can i call the DTS package(that exists on the server) from my web based ASP.NET/C# Web page ??

Regards
    Monika

You can call it with dtsrun, or create sql job to run the package then you call the job with msdb..sp_start_job.

Thank you for your promt reply ....

As i am new to all thsi stuff, can you please be more elaborate and if possible, send me an example to do this !!!

Regards
    Monika

You can find details in sql books online by searching 'dtsrun Utility', 'How to schedule a DTS package using the SQLServerAgent service (Enterprise Manager) and 'sp_start_job'.

well, i want my web application user to click on the import button and the import shud begin, i DO NOT want to schedule the DTS Package !!

If you know of any example that lets you call the DTS Package from a C#/ASP.NET WEb Application , pls send me the link ............

Regards

Check sqldts.com then.