Thread: Automatically generated values in FORM

Automatically generated values in FORM

Hey guys,

I have a date that I am generating automaticall using the DateAdd function on a form, but what I realized is that it ins't getting stored into the table. It is just displayed on the form and when I query for the date, the calculated date isn't shown.

Can someone please guide me?

Thank you,

peglin

You will have to calculate the value again in your query.

value needs to be stored not only dislayed

So there isn't a way for me to get the value generated automatically and have it inserted into the table at the same time.

I can certainly have the date generated in the query but I want it to also be stored in the table. That is the problem.

Thanks.

You can store it in a table by making the query a 'make table query'.

Or alternatively just treat the query like your table. It can show all the records from your original table plus the ones that you want to calculate. Really you don't need to have the generated date added to your table.

On your form, co to the date properties. click on all. And in the "Default value" put this in:
    "=Date()
    This way everytime you open the form Today date(for example: today date is 10/25/03), it will be enter automatically. Also make sure in your table you have "Todaydate, with the DataType set to "Date/time"..
    Now when you enter something in your form, the date will automatically be inserted as well. When you do your Query, make sure you are also quering the daye as well