Thread: Forms move when closing and opening

Forms move when closing and opening

When I open the database, it opens fine. Then I click on the button to go to the form. But, when I close it if you look at the top where the form meets with the access windows it seems to kinda jump a little. Not sure how I can fix it?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Moving Forms.

It's not pretty but I use in the "on load" or "on open" event of the form a macro that positions the form in eactly the position and size you want it to appear to the user.

It is the MoveSize command, you then set values for its right, down, (these two position the top left hand corner of the form) height and width (These two set the size of the form)

It works for me.

can you show me an example. Either you or someone else? I would think to make a db look nice is to maximize the screen so they can't do anything but what they are looking at
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sizing of forms.

Without getting into scaling issues (when you capture the screen resolution of the user and scale the form to fit nicely on their screen) this approach is very easy.

Why would you want to maximise when the form only needs to be small? example, a combo box to make a selection criteria before opening a form.

The beauty of this approach is that in my apps I write a few of these macros sizing forms to a different sizes and positions.

Based on what size the form is going to be, I then add the corresponding macro to the on load event.

This way, all of my forms open in exactly the same position and size, there is never any jumping about.

To write the macro open a new macro.

Enter in the first row

MoveSize -

At the bottom you see four criteria.

Right
    Down
    Width
    Height

If you enter
    Right 1cm
    Down 1cm
    Width 10 cm
    Height 8 cm

when you attach this macro to the form it will position itself 1cm to the right of the top left hand corner and 1 cm down from there.

It will be 10 cm wide and have a depth of 8 cm.

When you save the macro, give it a name that makes sence to yourself of what it is doing.

Then, for all forms that are approximately this size, add the macro to the on load event.

Your forms will always appear uniform and can load almost so the user misses that there has been a change.

Have a play and see how it works.

I will try it and let you know tomorrow thanks :-)