Thread: DTS Package

DTS Package

Hello,

Can anyone guide how I can edit the DTS Package, I've created DTS PAckage which delete the rows from the table and copy data from Prod to Dev. the table structure has changed on both servers, I would appreciate if anyone can guide me how edit or delete column in DTS Pacakage.

Thanks
    Sejal

1. delete the table in test box

2. In just delete the transoformation task and add transformation again, (While adding click on create table) and do the mapping

3. save the package

4. remove the previous version of the package.

Look into www.sqldts.com for many DTS tasks ,features and tricks.

remember to save the DTS package with password protection. any body can run it and save it as their ownership.

DTS

Thanks for your reply, I had created the DTS package from Import Task so I cannot view the work flow, I can view the transformation from Disconnected Edit, I did edit column names from it, but when I executed it, It gave me same error column cannot be found. Is there any way I can script the Package and then modify it.

Thanks

DTS

Thanks for your reply, I had created the DTS package from Import Task so I cannot view the work flow, I can view the transformation from Disconnected Edit, I did edit column names from it, but when I executed it, It gave me same error column cannot be found. Is there any way I can script the Package and then modify it.

Thanks

you can still modify a package tho you have created it from the import task.

when you import it did you check "save package"?

ofcourse u can view the workflow.

save the package as structured storage file and upload it.