Thread: MySQL: hello!

hello!

hello sir/madam,

i've planned to create a student database using mysql and i must have an option of searching the database from a browser(Netscape).
    i have no idea how to do it.i have to finish this in 7 days.please help me.
    reply to jovisiri@yahoo.com.

awaiting ur help...

You're asking quite a lot! The best I can do is give you some sources to get going until you have a more specific question...

You need to use some sort of scripting language for this - I suggest PHP as th quickest to learn, and it works well with MySQL. Take a look at these links:
    Using a MySQL database with PHP
    The PHP site
    The MySQL site

thank u!

hello sir,
    thank u very much for answering my question...

sir,im' using CGI/PERL as the scripting language for accessing the database.

my question is how do i create the database.will the 'create' command do.if so,how should i normalise it for a student database.

please answer me...

thank u.

To learn how to create a database, you can look at:
    Creating and Using a Database on the MySQL site, and:
    Normalizing a Database on the Database Journal site. For Perl/CGI tutorials, look at:
    Introduction to Web Programming
    on the WDVL site.

hello!

hello sir,thank u for ur reply...

sir,i dont' want to run sql commands in the command line,i want to have the queries in a file.then,how do i run it to get the table as the o/p in windows.

after creating the db(STUDENT),i want to search it from a browser using perl/cgi scripts.could u help me in the scripts.
    bye

Rahul, no-one here is going to do your work for you. You need to at least make an attempt yourself. All the answers you're looking for are in the sources provided. The last link is all about using Perl/CGI. If you go through them, try to work it out, and then hit a specific problem, perhaps someone can help you.