Thread: Where are my queries & tables used

Where are my queries & tables used

I have an Access database that has lots of tables, queries, forms, reports and macros. Other people have done work in it before I came along. I want to get rid of unneeded objects. Is there a neat analysis where I could select a table and it would tell me in which queries, forms and reports that table is used? That way I could delete a table knowing that I would not thereby cause a still needed report to fail. I know that with Tools>Analyze>Documenter I can go the other way and see what queries and tables are used by a report. But for that it's easier just to go into the report itself.

try Speed Ferret - www.moshannon.com/ it's a 3rd party tool that I've heard is quite good.

There are some other products out there too but darn it I can't remember their website (www.fnmisc.com or some such)

Be damn careful about what you are doing. I tried the same thing the other day (with a system I, not someone else wrote (ie it should be easier)) and hey presto - it didn't work when I test it. I quickly rolled back the changes and am leaving it alone.

HTH,

Peter