Thread: Using ADO w/ using .dbRecordSet?

RyanV Guest

Using ADO w/ using .dbRecordSet?

I use SQL, without a DSN connection. Currently I pass the ASPdb.Pro object
    a RecordSet, and all is fine. However, I now need to sort the queries. How can I pass my SQL query directly to ASPdb.Pro and still use the ADODB.Connection object for my connection source?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

RyanV Guest

Using ADO w/ using .dbRecordSet? (reply)

Soulution found. Unless anyone knows of another way. I'm using the .dbDSN w/ my ADO connection string.

------------
    RyanV at 3/16/00 6:02:55 PM

a RecordSet, and all is fine. However, I now need to sort the queries. How can I pass my SQL query directly to ASPdb.Pro and still use the ADODB.Connection object for my connection source?

thanks.

Frank Guest

Using ADO w/ using .dbRecordSet? (reply)

The description of your problem is not quite clear. But I think you mean you are not going to generate your RS and pass it onto ASP-db. You are using the dbDSN to get your RS. If so, that is the correct way to do it. Out of the many many times user asked this question I only found ONE legi reason. Otherwise, you normally have no good reason to generate your RS and pass it to ASp-db.

FK

------------
    RyanV at 3/17/00 6:32:28 PM

Soulution found. Unless anyone knows of another way. I'm using the .dbDSN w/ my ADO connection string.

------------
    RyanV at 3/16/00 6:02:55 PM

thanks.