Thread: Case Sensitivity

Kevin Jullion Guest

Case Sensitivity

Working with ASPdb Enterprise and Oracle 8. The DB is set to being Case Sensitive...which means that when a user filters they have to know in advance what the field contents is. Is there something I can do to get around this. The DB has to stay in Case Sensitive mode.

I was looking at trying to intercept the FilterSQL command from it's current value: DOMAIN_URL LIKE '%jeff%'

to this: UPPER(DOMAIN_URL) LIKE '%JEFF%'

Is that possible? FilterSQL isn't a Session variable, is it?

which if it works would be great, but would force me to only allow Uppercase values in the filter screen...correct?

Thanks,
    Kevin Jullion

Frank Guest

Case Sensitivity (reply)

Kevin,
    This is a good idea and must be done at the system level. I'll put in in my implementation list.

FK

------------
    Kevin Jullion at 3/3/00 12:23:41 PM

Working with ASPdb Enterprise and Oracle 8. The DB is set to being Case Sensitive...which means that when a user filters they have to know in advance what the field contents is. Is there something I can do to get around this. The DB has to stay in Case Sensitive mode.

I was looking at trying to intercept the FilterSQL command from it's current value: DOMAIN_URL LIKE '%jeff%'

to this: UPPER(DOMAIN_URL) LIKE '%JEFF%'

Is that possible? FilterSQL isn't a Session variable, is it?

which if it works would be great, but would force me to only allow Uppercase values in the filter screen...correct?

Thanks,
    Kevin Jullion