Thread: trouble embedding aspdb code with other asp code

ski Guest

trouble embedding aspdb code with other asp code

I am having trouble mixing aspdb code with other asp code. As a rule i develop individual modules in seperate pages and then combine the modules into one page. I have aspdb code that works fine on seperate codes but when i combine it it displays nothing. any ideas?
    thanks

John Guest

trouble embedding aspdb code with other asp code (reply)

Hi,

Most likely cause is you're using the same dbUnit value for all modules.

Recommendation is to use different object names (set X=Server.CreateObject... & Set Y=Server.CreateObject... ) and different dbUnit values and you should be fine.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    ski at 9/19/00 1:02:04 AM

I am having trouble mixing aspdb code with other asp code. As a rule i develop individual modules in seperate pages and then combine the modules into one page. I have aspdb code that works fine on seperate codes but when i combine it it displays nothing. any ideas?
    thanks

ski Guest

Sorry, I was not clear on the problem. I only have one aspdb object on the page. I have other components though. I have an adshark object on one page and a sa-fileup object on another. I don't have trouble with two aspdb objects, just with other object types.
    thanks

------------
    John at 9/19/00 4:53:51 AM

Hi,

Recommendation is to use different object names (set X=Server.CreateObject... & Set Y=Server.CreateObject... ) and different dbUnit values and you should be fine.

Thanks,
    John

------------

thanks

John Guest

Hi,

You say when you "combine it, it displays nothing". That doesn't sound right. You should be able to drop an ASPdb code snippet into a page with other content and it should do its job and output your data.

One thing you should be aware of is that when you click on the navigation icons, it "re-displays" the current page with a new set of data. That means that the URL will be modified and the page re-entered. See if that's causing a problem. Does it work the first time through and then fail? Also, you can try turning on the debug mode (dbDebug) and see what's happening.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    ski at 9/19/00 10:32:26 AM

Sorry, I was not clear on the problem. I only have one aspdb object on the page. I have other components though. I have an adshark object on one page and a sa-fileup object on another. I don't have trouble with two aspdb objects, just with other object types.
    thanks

------------

Hi,

Thanks,
    John

------------

thanks

Ok
    Here is the output from the debug statement

Detected, allowed CPU=4/2
    GridInc before QP=15
    DBType=ACCESS

Thats all that is displayed

When i say nothing is displayed that is what is going on. I have encounterd this in three unrealted instances. Clearly i am missing something simple. Would the ASP source code help?
    thanks
    ------------
    John at 9/19/00 10:44:05 AM

Hi,

You say when you "combine it, it displays nothing". That doesn't sound right. You should be able to drop an ASPdb code snippet into a page with other content and it should do its job and output your data.

One thing you should be aware of is that when you click on the navigation icons, it "re-displays" the current page with a new set of data. That means that the URL will be modified and the page re-entered. See if that's causing a problem. Does it work the first time through and then fail? Also, you can try turning on the debug mode (dbDebug) and see what's happening.

Thanks,
    John

------------

thanks

------------

Hi,

Thanks,
    John

------------

thanks

Ok

GridInc before QP=15
    DBType=ACCESS

When i say nothing is displayed that is what is going on. I have encounterd this in three unrealted instances. Clearly i am missing something simple. Would the ASP source code help?
    thanks
    ------------

Hi,

Thanks,
    John

------------

thanks

------------

Hi,

Thanks,
    John

------------

thanks

Mark Guest

In looking at your debug output, it seems like you might have a cpu licensing problem. Please contact me directly at support@aspdb.com

Thanks,
    Mark.

------------
    at 9/19/00 10:52:52 AM

Ok

GridInc before QP=15
    DBType=ACCESS

thanks
    ------------

Hi,

Thanks,
    John

------------

thanks

------------

Hi,

Thanks,
    John

------------

thanks