Thread: Date Formats in Oracle - DD/MM/YYYY not consistent

Teresa Guest

Date Formats in Oracle - DD/MM/YYYY not consistent

I have looked through the date format messages here, but I still not found one that completely works for me. I am using an Oracle db and need the dates to appear as dd/mm/yyyy in my pages. I have set the format within magiccell (so that dates show correctly in grid) and used the EditDateFormat within dbEditParams (so that they format correctly in add/update mode).

The add/update mode dates do not seem to work correctly when entering a date that could work as either dd/mm or mm/dd. For example, if I enter 15/09/2001 (September 15th), the date saves and is retrieved fine. If I enter 01/09/2001 (September 1st), then the date gets saved backwards in the db (09-JAN-01). I can have some dates saved correctly and incorrectly on the same page.

Is there another setting that I can use to correct this?

Frank Kwong Guest

Date Formats in Oracle - DD/MM/YYYY not consistent (reply)

The bug is located and fixed. Will release after testing... Only Access works with the present version and SQL, Oracle and others will fail. Any versions after 0827 will have this bug fixed. Also a write up in how to work with dates will be added to the special topics together with the release. Thanks for pointing this out.

------------
    Teresa at 8/13/01 6:49:48 PM

I have looked through the date format messages here, but I still not found one that completely works for me. I am using an Oracle db and need the dates to appear as dd/mm/yyyy in my pages. I have set the format within magiccell (so that dates show correctly in grid) and used the EditDateFormat within dbEditParams (so that they format correctly in add/update mode).

The add/update mode dates do not seem to work correctly when entering a date that could work as either dd/mm or mm/dd. For example, if I enter 15/09/2001 (September 15th), the date saves and is retrieved fine. If I enter 01/09/2001 (September 1st), then the date gets saved backwards in the db (09-JAN-01). I can have some dates saved correctly and incorrectly on the same page.

Is there another setting that I can use to correct this?