Thread: data?links opening new window

H.Schuyler Collins Guest

data?links opening new window

Using the dataset?Links is opening a new window outside of the frameset that the original applet appears
    within.
    This is not the normal behavior for pages that are called from a frameset and my attempts to add the target frame name to the url string through Designer have been unsuccessful.
    While I may be wrong, it appears that you may add only a single value to the url string.
    I have also tried forcing the called page to open within the prescribed frame through standard HTML but it seems these attempts are bypassed by aspdb.
    Any assistance, as always, would be appreciated

frank kwong Guest

data?links opening new window (reply)

look at the advanced example drill down (hyperlink) chart and see how the dataset?link works with the FRAME.

FK

------------
    H.Schuyler Collins at 5/10/01 12:09:43 PM

Using the dataset?Links is opening a new window outside of the frameset that the original applet appears
    within.
    This is not the normal behavior for pages that are called from a frameset and my attempts to add the target frame name to the url string through Designer have been unsuccessful.
    While I may be wrong, it appears that you may add only a single value to the url string.
    I have also tried forcing the called page to open within the prescribed frame through standard HTML but it seems these attempts are bypassed by aspdb.

H.Schuyler Collins III Guest

data?links opening new window (reply)

Of course I looked at that example!!! Where do you think I got the idea !!
    However, there are some major differances
    In my message I stated that the code was calling a new page in the same frame as it already exists.The drill down example is posting to a page that is within a frame that is already showing within the framset.

Here is my frameset

<frameset cols=&#34;110,*&#34; border=&#34;0&#34; framespacing=&#34;0&#34; frameborder=&#34;NO&#34;>
    <frame src=&#34;left.htm&#34; name=&#34;left&#34; scrolling=&#34;NO&#34; noresize>
    <frameset rows=&#34;29,*&#34; border=&#34;0&#34; framespacing=&#34;0&#34; frameborder=&#34;NO&#34;>
    <frame src=&#34;top.htm&#34; name=&#34;top&#34; scrolling=&#34;NO&#34;>
    <frameset rows=&#34;700,*&#34; border=&#34;0&#34; framespacing=&#34;0&#34; frameborder=&#34;NO&#34;>
    <frame src=&#34;Page34.asp&#34; name=&#34;center&#34; scrolling=&#34;no&#34; noresize>

Page34.asp contains the applet with the hyperlink chart. THe
    data?links parameter is used to allow the user to go to a new page where the content will be displayed based on the value passed in the url string.

IndexDrill.asp?nQuestion_Attribute=13 calls the page IndexDRill.asp which needs to remain in the frame named &#34;Center&#34;. As I stated in my message this always opens a new window.This seems to be solely a result of aspdb behaviour.
    As I indicated in my message, any attempts to append the url string in the tradional html encoding manner have resulted in an error that sees whatever value I have assigned to nQuestion_Attribute concatenated with whatever I have tried to append the string with.

------------
    frank kwong at 5/10/01 5:39:37 PM

look at the advanced example drill down (hyperlink) chart and see how the dataset?link works with the FRAME.

FK

------------
    H.Schuyler Collins at 5/10/01 12:09:43 PM

within.